Friday 7 March 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte & Lacquer Balms




Revlon Colourbust Matte & Lacquer Balms in Elusive, Shameless & Demure - £7.99 each.

The new Revlon Colourburst Matte & Lacquer balms have been out for a while now, they were released in January and I've been trying and testing these three shades for a few weeks now. They're in the typical crayon packaging that twists up. I prefer this to pencils you sharpen as I hate having stubby little pencils in my collection!

Elusive is a light/medium pink and one of the matte balms. It's actually one of the few lighter pink shades I can pull off, it has almost no blue tones in it. The amazing thing about the matte balms is that they are so moisturising, they're matte but not drying in the slightest! Well done Revlon! 

Shameless is a dark purple and is so bold. Again, it's very moisturising but the colour is a little patchy on the lips. If you're into purple shades I'd recommend skipping this and purchasing MAC's Heroine lipstick instead, it's a very similar shade.

Finally the only lacquer balm I picked up is in the shade Demure. It's a peachy nude with some chunky silver glitter that is obvious but not uncomfortable on the lips. Out of all three I've been wearing this the most, which is unusual because we all know I'm a matte kinda girl! It's moisturising and natural whilst adding some subtle sparkle, perfect for pairing with a smoky eye. 

Overall I really like these and will definitely be buying some of the brighter shades for spring/summer! 

Fiona xox

2 comments:

  1. Ohh gosh, I'm trying to resist these but I'm so tempted still!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I have the shade elusive as well and it's the perfect lip colour for me!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...