Sunday 26 January 2014

Too Faced | A Few Of My Favourite Things Palette

After Christmas, I had my heart set on one thing and one thing only: the Too Faced 'A Few Of My Favourite Things' palette. The palette was limited edition for Christmas and was sold out everywhere, but I ended it up purchasing it on eBay for just a little higher than the original price (RRP £48.00). Now I know that seems pricey for a bit of makeup but this palette is so beautiful and comes with so many extras I just couldn't resist. (The following post is photo heavy, beware!). 


The palette comes with a stunning pink and gold zig zag cosmetics bag (designed by celebrity decorator Mary McDonald), that matches the palette, a full sized Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tint in Bee Sting and a mini Better Than Sex Mascara.


It also comes with a whopping 20 eyeshadows, two blushes and two bronzers, plus a little booklet called the 'How-To Glamour Guide' which contains a few ideas for looks!


Raindrops on Roses (shimmer) and Melt into Spring (matte) are the two blush shades and they're very summery! I haven't tried Raindrops on Roses yet but Melt into Spring is just stunning. Chocolate Soleil is a brilliant not too orangey bronzer and Sun Bunny is it's shimmery counterpart. 


The palette has a really good mix of everyday neutral shades and some real 'party' colours. The majority of the eyeshadows and all of the blushes and bronzers are incredibly pigmented and up there with Urban Decay for quality. There are only one or two eyeshadows that I was disappointed with the pigmentation, but with some primer that can be easily solved! As for the shades, they are all stunning and I've done some up close pictures for you:










The Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tint in Bee Sting is a very nice matte nude that has that real 'sting' of the Too Faced lip injection products, so if you have sensitive lips steer clear! But it's a lovely shade and exclusive to this palette.


I've yet to try the Better Than Sex mascara but I'm excited to try it, what a bold claim!

I am absolutely over the moon with this palette, it is so pretty and I enjoy just looking at it as well as actually using it! If you can get your hands on this I'd highly recommend it, seriously, it's stunning. 

Fiona xox

3 comments:

  1. This palette is so pretty :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely palette im loving all the neutral colours :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks really nice! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...