from l-r clockwise: MAC lipstick in Plumful, Rimmel Apocalips in Galaxy. MAC lipstick in Rebel, Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit, Collection lipstick in Perrie, MAC lipstick in RiRi Woo, Urban Decay lipstick in Rapture.
from l-r: Rebel, Plumful, Rapture, Galaxy, Birthday Suit, RiRi Woo
Today I thought I'd bring you my top autumn/winter lipstick picks, as Autumn is nearly over here in Scotland. The frost and ice has hit us and I'm sure Christmas will come flying in! I love a dark berry lip for autumn/winter, as well as deep purples, reds and nudes.
1. MAC Plumful Lipstick: This is the perfect 'everyday' shade for autumn/winter time. It just adds a hint of a plummy tint to the lips and I think it's a shade that would suit almost everyone.
2. Rimmel Apocalips in Galaxy: Another plummy shade that leans slightly more purple. It's packed with silver shimmer. Despite all the shimmer I'd probably still consider this a daytime shade!
3. MAC Rebel Lipstick: A very dark purple berry toned lipstick that is one of my absolute favourites, and one of MAC's most popular shades.
4. Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit: This is the perfect nude for me. I absolutely love it for daytime or night, you can even add gloss on top as the matte finish doesn't really work with dry winter lips.
5. Collection Lipstick in Perrie: I totally forgot to swatch this lipstick, but you can see a swatch here. It's a total dupe for MAC's Up The Amp lipstick and I think this pink toned purple is perfect for nights out during autumn/winter. It's something a little different from all the berry tones.
6. MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick: My top autumn/winter lip picks wouldn't be complete without a true Christmassy red lipstick! RiRi Woo (or Ruby Woo, they're exactly the same!) is so festive and perfect.
7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rapture: Rapture is a lovely mauve and the formula of this is to die for, so smooth and creamy. I think you could get away with this during the day or at night, but for me it's a great evening shade for when I don't want to go too OTT!