Sunday 16 June 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine | #19 Fuchsia in Rage

Recently my parents returned from their holidays, and brought me back this little beauty from duty free!


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine #19 Fuchsia in Rage: £24.00 - 
It's my first YSL lipstick in the very luxurious packaging, it's just beautiful.


It looks very purple in the tube, but on the lips it comes off as a purple toned fuchsia pink. It's comparable to  MAC's Girl About Town lipstick or Revlon's lip butter in Lollipop, but neither are just as purple toned.

The Rouge Volupte Shine finish isn't terribly long wearing, but truthfully I was half expecting that. I think the original Rouge Volupte lipsticks might have longer wear time. The shine formula seems more moisturising and well, shinier! It also has a nice fruity scent that disappears soon after applying. I can only compare from getting swatch happy at the YSL counter in the past, but thats the impression I'm getting.

Overall I really do love this, the packaging is just to die for. But if I'm being honest, if you're going to splash £24.00 on one, I'd go for the original formula as you might get more wear time from those! Fuchsia in Rage is an incredible colour though. 

Fiona xox

5 comments:

  1. Wow that's a Nice gift to get! I'd looove a ysl lipstick one day - Wishlist sort of item for sure.

    Shame it's not super long lasting but sometimes it's nice to have moisture over longevity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a gorgeous colour! I saw Lisa Eldrige feature this in one of her video's and it's got sooo popular since! xx
    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colour!
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...