Sunday 30 June 2013

Top 5 | Summer Lipsticks


Although it's not very summery outside, I thought it would be nice to do a Top 5 Summer Lipsticks post! So here are my top 5 lipsticks picks for summertime:


from l-r, clockwise:

Dainty Doll Lipstick in 008 It's My Party: £1.99 - An outrageous neon pinky red, It's My Party is so very summery. This was available on Fragrance Direct, but its now sold out so maybe try eBay? Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar is a good dupe for this colour. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya: £7.99 - One of the limited edition summer colours, Juicy Papaya is the perfect peachy orange without being too in your face. I'm not a lover of peach/coral lipsticks but this one has managed to work it's way into my Top 5 because its so wearable. 

MAC Impassioned: £14.00 - Similar to It's My Party but more pink, Impassioned is one of MAC's most popular lipsticks and I've seen this in plenty of summer lipstick posts on other blogs. I won this in the lovely Katie from My Makeup Obsession's giveaway and I couldn't be happier to have it!

Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic: £5.99 - A true dark fuchsia, Apocaliptic is a colour I'd wear all year round, but mostly in summer. It's just perfect for summer nights out. 

Models Own Matt Brite Lipstick in Flaming Red: £5.00 - This orange red is a really nice twist on the classic red lip for summer. I do prefer blue based reds, but for summer orange is the way to go! 


Swatches from left to right: Dainty Doll It's My Party, MAC Impassioned, Revlon Juicy Papaya, Models Own Flaming Red, Rimmel Apocaliptic. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my top 5 summer lipsticks!

Fiona xox

5 comments:

  1. I think i really need Impassioned now :P Glad you love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Revlon lip butter is a lovely shade, I'm collecting quite a few of them now I love how they apply

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impassioned is gorgeous!!!
    The Dainty Doll lipstick is so pretty too, will have to hunt it down to see if there's still any left for £1.99 xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com
    MAC Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of Rimmel Apocaliptic :) I haven't bought any apocalips yet, but I really would like to try one:) I've heard they are pretty amazing:)
    <3 Mila | Mila de Illusoire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...