Sunday 23 June 2013

Riri Hearts MAC Summer Collection | RiRi Boy


So after much anticipation and obsessive page refreshing, on Thursday just after 12pm I ordered my second lipstick from the Rihanna and MAC collaboration - RiRi Boy. It arrived yesterday, which was really quick! 

I'll admit now, I'm not a big Rihanna fan. I listen to her music occasionally and I admire her style, but it was more the new retro matte finish that drew me to this collection. I love matte lipsticks, and I love purple! So RiRi Boy was calling my name.


MAC RiRi Boy Lipstick: £14.00

MAC describe this shade as a matte lavender, which is pretty much spot on. It's basically a matte version of Up The Amp from MAC. Up the Amp has been on my wishlist for a long long time, but a matte version? Even better! In comparison to Heroine, another matte purple from MAC, RiRi Boy is a similar shade only much lighter, the 'daytime' version of Heroine! 


As you can see from the swatch, it's just gorgeous. It's a lot pinker than I expected it to be, but I love it because it makes it more wearable for me. 


I seriously cannot wait to wear this. For me, Heroine lipstick has only been worn inside my house, by myself. I'm waiting for a big night out (I don't go clubbing all that often) to feel confident enough to wear it in public. But with RiRi Boy I feel like I could get away with wearing it shopping in Glasgow, or just to the pub!

I really do adore this lipstick and I'm sad that it's limited edition, but at least I can get Up The Amp!

Fiona xox



4 comments:

  1. Jealous you got yours already! Looks gorgeous on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Might order one next payday if it's still available
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I quite like that shade. So pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...