Sunday 13 January 2013

Z Palette | Depotting My Book Of Shadows

For years and years, my Urban Decay Book of Shadows 1 and 4 have sat around unused and unloved. I don't know why, Urban Decay eye shadows are amazing. But I put it down to the bulky packaging and not being able to see the shadows easily. So I made the decision to buy a Z Palette from Ebay and depot them.

"What?! How could you?!" Some of you will be screaming I'm sure! Yes, the packaging was pretty, but at the end of the day, this was the most practical option for me!


I started off with a large empty Z Palette and my two Book of Shadows. You can't really understand why I'd want to downsize from this picture, but you will from the next: 


As you can see the Book of Shadows are so thick, and a lot of the packaging is useless fanciness. Luckily depotting the shadows was quite easy, they just had to be prised out of the cardboard packaging. 


As you can see I've downsized majorly! 


I'm so pleased with the result, I can now see all of the eye shadows and have already found myself using them more often! I'd really recommend the Z palette to anyone who wants to depot eye shadows as the palette already comes magnetised, making life super easy! 

2 comments:

  1. I did the same with my UD Book of Shadows! I hate bulky packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing the same with all of my random 4-6 eyeshadow UD palettes that I never use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...