Tuesday 18 December 2012

Urban Decay | Naked Basics Palette

I cracked. I completely fell for the hype, ignored my spending ban and purchased the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I've slapped myself on the wrist for breaking my spending ban, but I don't regret buying this at all!

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - £20.00 (currently £18.00) at Debenhams.com:


 
I'd heard the palette was tiny, but I had no idea. Even the box fools you into thinking its bigger, but the palette is cleverly suspended inside the box and is about a 1/4 smaller! It fits on my flat hand easily, with room to spare. It really seems like the perfect palette for popping in your hand bag or holdall if you're travelling light.



 
The palette contains six eyeshadows, 5 matte and one with slight shimmer. Venus is a lovely white shimmer, Foxy is a yellow toned nude, Walk Of Shame is a pinkier nude, Naked 2 is a nude taupe, Faint is a medium brown and Crave is a brown/black. All of the colours are really creamy and pigmented, apart from Crave which seems slightly harder to swatch and blend.
 
At £20, you can't really complain. There's more than one dupe for MAC eyeshadows which are £10-£12 each, so technically you're saving money by buying the UD palette!
 
I definitely think I'm going to get a lot of use from this palette, I wear neutral eyes a lot, especially mattes, so for me really, Urban Decay couldn't have brought out a better product!
 
Fiona xox

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about breaking spending ban, just start again. :) I really wasn't interested in this when it first came out but the hype is starting to get to me. I keep entering giveaways to win it so I don't buy it. lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm getting this for Christmas and I can't wait :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...