Friday 5 October 2012

MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection Haul

Its finally here! The long awaited MAC Marilyn Monroe collection has finally arrived in the UK, and me being me snapped it up on the first day it was on the website. I ordered it on Monday, and it arrived on Wednesday.

I was surprised to find the collection was priced slightly higher than normal, but it was only by a few pounds so it wasn't the end of the world!

 

I got for things, two lipsticks, a blush and a beauty powder!
 
 
The packaging is gorgeous, I wasn't overwhelmed by it when I seen the promo photos, but in the flesh its really lovely, shiny, sleek and very Marilyn.
 
 
MAC Marilyn Monroe Blush in The Perfect Cheek: £19.00
I never planned on buying any blush from this collection, but as swatches started coming through from America, I started falling in love with The Perfect Cheek! Its a pinky nude, and comes off very natural. It takes a few applications to build up the colour, but I really do like it.
 
 
MAC Marilyn Monroe Beauty Powder in Forever Marilyn: £23.50
This is a peachy beauty powder with a very slight shimmer, so essentially a highlighter. Its different from all my other highlighters because its more about the pale colour and less about the shimmer/glitter. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with skin any darker than an NC/NW25 from MAC, I'm an NW20 and a tiny bit on my cheekbones shows up. But if your a pale girl, definitely give it a go!
 
 
MAC Marilyn Monroe Lipsticks in Love Goddess and Charmed I'm Sure: £14.00 each.
In the photo, these look so similar, but on the lips they're two completely different animals. Love Goddess is a bright pink/red satin finish that is almost magenta, whereas Charmed I'm Sure is a true matte red. They're both really pigmented.
 
 
Overall I'm really happy with what I got from the collection, I could have bought more, but in all honesty I don't need anything else so I'm going to try and leave it alone! Did you get anything from the Marilyn Monroe collection? Or are you planning to? Let me know! Bye for now xx

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see some swatches. I'm slightly put off by the higher price of these atm :(

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am soooooo jealous! I want this whole collection- you should do a FOTD post of you wearing them :] xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...