Tuesday 24 July 2012

Photoshopping and Beauty Blogging.

Hello my lovelies! Just a quick post to write about how I feel about using photoshop in the beauty blogging community.

Over the last few weeks, I've come across several beauty bloggers who shamelessly have clearly used photoshop to 'perfect' their face. I have to say that I find that completely innapropriate, and really dissapointing. The whole point of our beauty blogging community is to be honest about products and they way they make us look!

How can photoshopping on a beauty blog be helpful for anyone? Surely it only projects a negative image on the beauty industry, since it suggests that no product is good enough to make you look 'perfected'.

I would never photoshop my face for this blog, or any part of me for that matter. And believe me, I'm a big girl, theres lots that needs photoshopping! But its dishonest and deceitful, and I will never do it.

How do you feel about photoshopping on beauty blogs? Let me know! :) xx

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe bloggers would actually do that. You're right, it totally defeats the purpose of the beauty blog. I think everyone should be open to looking like a bit of a dork sometimes and not taking their looks too seriously all the time. Especially if they're reviewing a product etc. :o x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, photoshop may help how someone's face looks like, but it alters and changes what it looks like in real life. I must admit that i have used it to remove pimples or small imperfections, but i never try to make a drastic change to my whole face. But yeah, too much of anything isn't right. x

    Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole point of blogging is for people to present themselves as 'real' persons and for others to see fashion or beauty in a person rather than heavily photoshopped commercial clones.
    I agree that bloggers should not be deceitful. Everyone is beautiful in his or her own way :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy, I've tagged you in the 8 Most Worn Things post, please check it out on my blog! xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...