Friday 6 July 2012

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation & Concealer

Hey everyone! So, as some of you may or may not know, Illamasqua are currently having a up to 60% of sale on their website! With sale items ranging from £5.00 - £15.00, I couldn't not take the chance to pick up some of their normally expensive products for a bargain price!


So, I ordered two items, a foundation and a concealer.

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 150  £21.50 £10.00
Illamasqua Concealer in 210 £13.00 £5.00


Now, in this photo they look far too dark for my skintone, and I was worried at first maybe I'd ordered shades that were too dark. But 150 in the Rich Liquid Foundation is just right for me, any lighter and it'd be too pale! The concealer in 210 is perhaps a little dark (it looks even darker in the photo, its not that bad in real life), but I had limited choice in the sale and with a slight summer tan its working well for me!

Both are really heavy coverage, but have a lovely finish. The foundation does have a tendency to stick to flaky skin pretty badly, so I'd suggest making sure you moisturise before applying this. I can't give you a true estimate on how the foundation lasts, because we're having really humid but wet weather in Scotland, no good for my oily skin!  But I reckon it has a good few hours of wear in it, especially with a good primer. The only other downside is that you need a heavy duty brush to apply this product, as it doesn't blend easily. I use my ELF powder brush, but something even denser would be better.

I completely adore the concealer. I've never had a concealer in a little compact/pot before, the packaging is so cute and it even has a mirror in the lid! I would say this is best applied with fingers, as the product needs to be warmed a little before it becomes pliable.

Hpe you enjoyed this post, I'm really pleased with both these products, what a bargain! :) xx 

3 comments:

  1. So many sales on right now! I'm dying to try some illamasqua products.. How much is there p+p by the way??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's £3.50, not the cheapest but it does arrive quite quickly and the packaging means I doubt anything would ever be damaged on the way! xx

      Delete
  2. Ive ordered myself a foundation and concealer too, cant wait til they come! Total bargain :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...