Monday 2 July 2012

The Big Creeper Debate

Hello everyone! I've got something a little different for you today - a fashion post. Well, sort of!

As I'm sure you're all aware, 'creepers' or 'those big clunky goth shoes' have now come in to fashion. A long time lover of creepers, I'm thrilled they're now more readily available, in more colours, and much cheaper than they were before big brands like Topshop jumped on the creeper bandwagon, leading to cheaper shoe manufacturers creating 'lookylikeys'. The girly pinks and purples are a much welcome change to the limited colour range before creepers gained their popularity.



However, I'm not sure how I feel about every Tom, Dick and Harry running around in them. Are we going the way of the Doc Marten, where every 12 year old seems to be running around in a pair of pink patent 1490's? These shoes may not be to everyones taste - they're certainly not the most feminine looking footwear! But I feel that many people who would never have considered wearing creepers are only doing it now because the 'fash pack' is telling them to, which is a touch annoying to a long time fan of the brothel creeper. But if you genuinely love these rockabilly style stacked sole beauties, then I salute you!

I'll hopefully be getting my hands on a new cheaper pair of creepers soon, and will do a review of them compared to a more expensive 'original' creeper manufacturer's shoes.

I hope you liked this post, and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from! I'll hopefully have a review of one of the new Kate Moss lipsticks up later tonight or tomorrow! xx

5 comments:

  1. I was so unsure about creepers for agessss but I finally got a pair of black ones with a dalmatian top and I just love them! Great post x

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw the dalmation ones are so gorgeous! :) I have my eye on the lilac/purple ones in the picture! xx

      Delete
    2. I had a pair of creepers years ago that I bought on Hollywood Blvd. They were blue and silver colored paisley. The bottom of the sole had a cartoon demon looking thing and the inscription "Motor Hell" on it. I've had various sorts of creepers over the past three decades. I always enjoy wearing them. They are more comfortable than they might look.

      Delete
  2. It's like Primark now selling Guns n' Roses and Ramones tees. Iconic logos to certain subcultures are now becoming little more than a pretty picture on a top. Can't say I'm complaining about picking up cheaper band merch though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! I can't complain that they're cheap and readily available, but half the folk wearing them probably don't have a clue who the bands are or even like them! xx

      Delete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...