Thursday 28 June 2012

Revlon Lip Butters: Review & Swatches

Hello everyone! I know Revlon lip butters have been reviewed to death, but I've just got my hands on them so I thought I'd give you a little refresher!

left to right: Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait.
The first three lip butters I bought were part of a deal from BuyaPowa. BuyaPowa.com is a website that promotes 'co-buying' - the more people who agree to buy a product, the cheaper it gets! I love this idea, meaning I got three lip butters, Lollipop, Sweet Tart and Strawberry Shortcake, for £9.50, plus £1.95 postage and packaging. An amazing deal if you ask me, I'm getting three lip butters for less than the price I'd pay for two in Boots! The final lip butter I bought yesterday was Peach Parfait, which I got from Superdrug for £5.99. The three butters from BuyaPowa arrived yesterday, so I opened and swatched all four of them together.


Firstly, I love love love the packaging. The shimmery, quilted packaging that matches the colour of the lip butter inside is brilliant, and they're very glamourous looking! Secondly, the top of the lid is clear, allowing you to see into the lip butter to see which shade is which.


Now lets talk about the shades I got!

Lollipop: A gorgeous fuschia pink, its very pigmented and one of the darkest shades from the lip butter collection. It also has quite a bit of shimmer in. On the lips, its not far off from MAC's Girl About Town.
Sweet Tart: A lovely bright pink. Its definitely more of a yellow based pink than blue, which makes a lovely change for me. I really like it!
Strawberry Shortcake: A pretty pale pink. Not the palest pink in the collection, so perfect for me as it doesn't completely wash me out. Its not overly opaque and leaves a nice pink tint to the lips.
Peach Parfait: A peachy colour with lots of gold shimmer. This is the sheerest of the bunch, but its lovely nonetheless.


All four of the lip butters are very moisturisng, but provide the colour of a lipstick as well as the moisture of a balm! I'm all round in love with these products, I'll definitely be buying more of them!

I hope you enjoyed this, what did you think of the Revlon Lip Butters? xx

6 comments:

  1. hey great review I have Berry Smoothie which is a really nice colour but peach parfait looks lovely too I'll have to give it a try! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berry Smoothie is next on my list to try! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Lollipop and peach parfait look really nice I really have to get my hands on some of these!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super lovely! I'm really glad I've tried them! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really like sweet tart, the packaging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im dying to try these! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...