Thursday 12 April 2012

Illamasqua Haul/Review!

Hello! So, as expected, my love affair with Illamasqua has begun! In my post the other day I mentioned I'd purchased some things from their Easter Hunt Sale at the weekend, and here they are!


My delivery arrived yesterday, packaged beautifully, and I am so so happy! Everything I got is gorgeous:
llamasqua Powder Blush in Hussy - £8.25 (Normally £16.50).
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Tremble - £8.25 (Normally £16.50).
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Jo'Mina - £6.75 (Normally £13.50).

Hussy is described as a 'candy pink', which it is, but I would also say it has peachy tones. Tremble is described as a 'lilac pink', which I completely disagree with, as it also has peachy tones. I am slightly dissapointed in my choices as Tremble really is just a lighter version of Hussy, I'm starting to wish I'd purhcased Lover (a bright apricot) instead. However, both shades are incredibly beautiful, matte and deeply pigmented.


The blushes just wouldn't photograph well in the dull Scottish daylight, so this is the best shot I have of the colours, but this is pretty spot on!

At 4.5g, they have 1.5g less product than M.A.C blushes. However, I can't deny that the colour and pigmentation of these blushes completely blow M.A.C out of the water.

This picture still doesn't do the blushes justice!
The nail varnish in Jo'Mina, is now my favourite nail polish ever. It's described as an 'electric lilac', and I couldn't think of a more perfect description. These pictures really don't show of how beautiful it is, but its just incredible.


I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm really pleased with my purchases. Do you have any favourite products from Illamasqua, or is there anything you'd love to try? Let me know! xx

12 comments:

  1. I have Hussy and I like it, it's super pigmented :) I'd recommend their cream blushes too, they're lush! Also their lipsticks have AMAZING staying power xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its properly lovely :) I really fancy trying their cream blushers next, I really like the look of 'Rude'. No doubt I'll move onto the lippies next :p xx

      Delete
  2. Aw, I really want to try one of their blushes, but not sure if I can justify the full price. The colour of the nail polish is DIVINE. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, £16.50 does seem like a lot for such a wee blush, but they're really beautiful! I think Illamasqua do quite a few sales throughout the year though! And thank you chica, it really is stunning! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love hussy. Lover is also really beautiful. I've just tried their cream blush in 'rude' too. Amazing. I'll do a review soon.

    UGH! Illamasqua <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its all so beautiful, I'm in love!

      I really want to try Lover and the Rude cream blush next, can't wait to see your review! :) xx

      Delete
  4. the polish is amazing!
    www.whokilledlola.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now its my favourite polish of all time!

      Its so gorgeous and it hasn't chipped, my nails normally chip within hours, so it gets a serious thumbs up! :p xx

      Delete
  5. I love all these colours, I know your pain with the lighting but these pictures look fine btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much chica <3 Its difficult to get decent pics sometimes, but thanks for letting me know they're ok! :p xx

      Delete
  6. Oh i'm a tad gutted i missed the easter sale, i love Illamasqua blushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do lots of sales year round, so fingers crossed there'll be another one soon! :p

      Ta for following me btw, love your blog! xx

      Delete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...