Tuesday 7 February 2012

Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Foundation Review!

As promised, my review of the new Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation!



When I went into Boots to buy this, there were two bottles left. Yes, two. Luckily in my shade, 103 True Ivory, which I would say is around a M.A.C NW20/25. There are currently 6 shades to choose from. Its also currently on offer in Boots - £5.99 for 30ml, but will normally retail at £8.99, still pretty cheap!

Yet again, Rimmel have managed to release a product with lots of hype! However, compared to the Scandal Eyes mascara, I'm in love with this!

Rimmel says: "Our first foundation that visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural looking finish. Instant anti-fatigue effect". For once, I actually agree with whats written on the back of the bottle. This foundation really does make my skin look brighter.

This is the first foundation I've tried which has shimmer in it, which sounds offputting but its really not noticeable on the skin (I was terrified I'd look like a disco ball!). It has an SPF of 15, and I'd say it has medium buildable coverage, although you don't need much of it at all to get a nice coverage.

I've been wearing this with the Rimmel Pro Primer underneath, and so far, it stays on better than most foundations I've tried. After a long lecture at Uni yesterday, I came home to find my skin still looked good and my foundation had only slid a little!

I really do feel like my skin looks brighter and more 'radiant' when I'm wearing this foundation. I definitely prefer it to my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. Overall I really love this product and unless I find anything better I'll definitely be buying it again!

If you enjoyed this and you'd like to see me review anything, please let me know by leaving a comment! Thanks! x

3 comments:

  1. New follower :) great post I think I might check this out when my foundation runs out :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...