Sunday 5 February 2012

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara Review.

After seeing a few mixed reviews, I picked this up in ASDA a few weeks ago since it was on offer at £4.98.

I've been looking for a replacement for my 'Maybelline Colossal Lash' mascara, its my all time favourite but unfortunately I'm giving it up as Maybelline are owned by L'oreal. I am aware that Rimmel still do on occassion test on animals, however they are very apologetic about this and I believe they are working towards becoming a cruelty free brand.

Anyway! The first thing you'll notice about the product is the bright orange packaging, not to everyones taste but it certainly appealed to me. The second thing you'll notice is the huge brush - its massive!


I expected more from this product. There was so much hype around it and it sold out everywhere the first few weeks after it launched, that when I finally tried it I was dissapointed. Its gloopy, theres far too much product left on the wand, and (I thought I'd never say this!) the wand is just too big. Its hard to work with and you end up with mascara all over your eyelids. It does lengthen and volumise to a certain extent, but its nothing amazing.

I might change my mind once this dries up a bit, I always prefer mascara after its been open and used for a few weeks. Overall, its nothing spectacular and I don't think I'll be buying it again.

If there are any products you'd like me to review, just leave a comment and let me know! x 

3 comments:

  1. I am no good with big brushes on mascara, I have rubbish hands that aren't very steady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like a big brush on my mascara, but this is just ridiculous! Shame really :( x

      Delete
  2. Hello :)
    I'am animal lover and I don't think that it's respectable that they are testing the make up on ANIMALS!

    I don't want to buy the make up because, if I do that so will it show the world that I am sporting it!

    I don't care if you think that I'm writing is wrong:)

    I just wanna show/tell that is SO WRONG!

    From Denmark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...